Sunday, 18 May 2008

My Mom


Yep, that's my mom. She was born May 18 1950 and passed away Sept 23rd 1999. Today she would have been 58 years old and I miss her with all my heart.

My mom was & still is my hero. She was the best woman in the world, never took shyt from anyone and always stood up for what she believed in. She was a strong person, raising 3 kids on her own, working night shift in the ER and doing everything she could.

I hear people (kids mainly) say "Oh I hate my mom, I wish she was dead." and i think damn I use to say that and I would take it all back just to have more time with her. She was the best.

So ya my mom rocks. She is the best. She would encourage us to do what we want to and taught me so much, how to sew, cook, can things, and be the best i can be.

You might hear me call my mom a bitch, and think, that is not a way to talk about a mother but she was, she was. She never took shyt from people. She went thru years of physical & emotional abuse from that thing called my father. She protected us as much as she could against him.

I just wish my mom was still around. She fought brain cancer for 2 years. When she found out she was strong, being a nurse she didn't give up like most people would have. Her first words were... what are we going to do about it. She was in hospital and her first Surgery was on July 3rd 1998, and she recovered very quick from that. She was up having fun etc. In Feb of of 1999 she was told that she would not last to spring, the cancer was spreading quickly. Well this didn't get her down. She was upset cus it was a week before my wedding. The doctor said it this way "Would you rather a wedding or a funeral?" and of course we all supported her. It was the longest 10 hours of our lives. Pacing around a hospital not knowing what was happening but we did it. She came out strong and healthy. My sister and i made the dresses for my wedding and we did everything. She was up doing the chicken dance at the wedding and it was great. I stepped back and watched her. Thinking damn she is a strong woman.

Well 6 months later and she was in and out of the hospital, she was tired and worn out and a week before she died she told me that she was ready to go. She couldn't do it anymore. I still remember the day perfectly. I called her cus we just got the phone installed in the new flat and she sounded awesome, told me no pain, nothing and that she was having potatoes and steak with corn on the cob for dinner but they forgot the A1 steak sauce and they were going for it soon. So we talking for like 30 minutes and I remember saying I would call her tomorrow and I loved her and missed her.

That night I went to bed and had a horrible dream, woke up crying my eyes out about an hour before i got the call. My sister and her went to the store and my mom fell asleep in the car like normal. Well my sister working in the hospital and taking care of her for months by herself checked to see if she was sleeping and then checked a pulse. She went into automatic then. She started CPR by herself and needed to make a tough decision whether or not to stop CPR and speed the the hospital about 10 minutes away. So she did, she keeps the compressions going but it didn't work sadly. My sis got her to the hospital and they tried everything but my mom has a DNR order and a will written out etc... So no heroic measures were taken. Well my sister called me and i could hear in her voice something was wrong and when she told me I lost it. I screamed so loud and hurt so much to this day i still feel it.

Well she was ready, and i guess she knew she was ready. I miss her dearly and will love her always. MY sister is a very strong woman. She is caring for everyone and still tries to take care of me. I love my whole family both in SL & RL. I guess that where I get my caring side from.

So today, if you are reading this, please spare a thought for her cus I know i will be very different today.

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!